Tourism Companies Business Department
Program Name: Bachelor of Tourism and Hotels - Major in Tourism Studies
The Program General Objectives:
This program aims to prepare a graduate who is able to:
- Identify and characterize the basic knowledge and theories of tourism and hospitality industry.
- Acquire professional and behavioral ethics in the tourism field.
- Comprehend different cultures, deal with various behavioral patterns, and define the principles and characteristics of customer service.
- Become aware of the laws and regulations of the tourism sector, specifying the regulations of the rights and duties of workers in the field.
- Determine general and occupational health principles, first aid, and security and safety rules that serve the tourism sector work.
- Grasp the appropriate means to solve problems and crises arising at work and know to deal with emergencies in the tourism sector.
- Acquire the skills of self-learning, continuous education, time management and teamwork.
- Acquire administrative and technical skills related to the field of tourism.
- Understand and practice effective presentation and communication skills.
- Keep abreast of rapid and successive changes and developments in the tourism work environment in which he works.
Practice booking, selling, and marketing business in airlines.
- Prepare and organize internal and external tourism programs and their prices for individuals and groups.
- Negotiate and set contracts with tourism services suppliers and tourism agents.
- Understand and practice methods of marketing and selling tourism programs and services.
- Organize conferences and events of tourism organizations.
- Realize and practice marketing, advertising, and public relations methods and how to apply them.
- Become familiar with planning and booking accommodation, tourist transportation facilities, and entertainment services.